During the olympic cultural period, May to September of 2016, Rio de Janeiro will host outstanding shows, expositions, concerts and events which will be held in our theaters, museums, cultural venues, cultural centers, libraries, and of course, all over our traditional open-air places, streets and squares of all regions.
The Rio Cultural Passport is the best way to get the most benefits in all events and Passport’s commercial partners, it will grants you discounts and even some complimentary entries.
It’s very easy to get a Rio Cultural Passport: First you need to sign up here in this website. Then, you can choose one of the Collection Points or you can receive your passport by mail, with free shipping within Rio de Janeiro city. The Passport is free for all Brazilians and foreign tourists pay only R$ 15.00 (fifteen reais).
- Cinelândia, Centro – Praça Floriano, s/n, em frente ao nº 31 – Cinelândia.
- Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil Rio de Janeiro / CCBB RJ – Rua Primeiro de Março, 66 – Centro, Rio de Janeiro.
- Palácio Tiradentes / ALERJ – Rua Primeiro de março, s/n – Praça XV – Rio de Janeiro.
- Central do Brasil – Praça Cristiano Otoni – Station Central do Brasil – Rio de Janeiro.
- Praça Mauá – Rua Rodrigues Alves, 10 – Espaço Visit.Rio (Touring Club’s Entrance).
Attention: You will be asked to present your passport (or CPF along with another document with photo) in order to retrieve your Rio Cultural Passport. The collection of your Cultural Passport is non-transferable, thus another person will not be able to collect it for you.
How it works
When you show your Rio Cultural Passport in one of the events or comercial partners, you will be granted a discount or a complimentary entry. You will also receive a stamp on your Cultural Passport, this way you will always remember the places you have been while enjoying this historical moment – The Rio Olympics